The first Post Office to serve the Indian Lake, Ohio area was built on Orchard Island and operated from 1912 to 1926. This is a drawing of a photo taken about 1912. It is one of a set of 13 drawings by Joel Perry which have been made into note cards. They can be purchased from the ILAHS for $10
plus $3 postage.
Welcome to the Indian Lake Area Historical Society site...
Indian Lake Area Historical Society awarded the Chamber's Beautification Award
At the Indian Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner December 6, 2014, Indian Lake Schools Superintendent, Pat O'Donnell, presented Jim Reed and Brian Hotopp with the plaque. In addition to the plaque the Chamber gave them a yard sign to place on the property.